Whether it’s Mother’s Day or a special birthday, finding that perfect gift for the mom in your life is never easy. But we’re sharing some of our favourite finds for gift ideas for HER: that friend, that relative or your own mom that may help that search for a great gift.
Here are some of our favourites:
As moms we’re always in a hurry when we’re going out, planning on who’s taking care of the kids, who’s feeding them and what they’re eating when we go out to weddings or date nights. Half the time we know what we’re wearing but forget the purse! Gifting a great sequin clutch is the perfect idea, they go with everything! We love this one from our fellow masalamomma in busniness, Farah Balolia over at LittleMissBowsandBands. This style features a gold zipper, funky leopard print satin lining and a small zippered pocket for loose items on the inside. This kind of clutch can be used for a night out, as a makeup bag, to carry your ipad or even as a diaper clutch!
The price point is great too at, $9.75.
A tea mug? Boring? Not if you pick the right one for that mom who is constantly at her desk or even that mom just loves to curl up with a great book with her chai. Pour her favourite drink into one of these exquisite mugs and she’ll definitely remember your gift. Or get a package of 4 or 8 for that mom that loves to have tea parties! India Circus has some of the nicest ones we’ve ever seen…here’s one of our favourites.
Need a gift for that mom that loves to spa but never has the time? This gift is perfect for the woman who loves to beautify but is environment conscious too. She’ll love a Spa Heroes subscription, which delivers one full-size product per month (not a sample basket that will end up gathering dust). Everything they send is cruelty and toxin free. A Spa Heroes team of experts curates products she gets every month! Cost: Spa Heroes beauty subscription service ($39/month) and receive a full-sized spa product every month.
Roses Done Right
Now this is how you send flowers! The new trend? Luxury Roses! The Roseshire Box lays fresh, sustainable roses that are inserted into their own individual water tube by hand ( and layered to perfection I might add)to ensure 100% hydration and bring full flower bloom to your favourite momma. Roseshire Box roses come in their own outer packaging- so there are no labels, scratches, or other imperfections when it arrives to your recipient, or to your own doorstep. Each box has a dozen roses and cost $100. (taxes and delivery included).
Get Her Organized
We love boxes to keep our keepsakes, our bangles, and our jewellery! Gift a box like any of these, they’re inexpensive and can be bought online and delivered fast.
Beauty Products from Moms Who Know
We put a call out recently for products that moms loved and many of these are developed by South Asian moms like you! Gifting a few beauty products with another gift or on their own can be great for moms. Check out some of our readers’ recommendations:
Rikita Kapadia is the Chicago-based founder of Cocovít, a line of raw, 100% certified organic, virgin coconut oil-based products. Cocovit Coconut Oil is harvested from fresh, organic coconuts in South India. This line is suitable for all ages, skin & hair types. In addition to Cocovit Coconut Oil deeply nourishing, repairing and strengthening your skin and hair, the oil also has countless other long-term uses and benefits. For additional uses + benefits click here: hair, beauty, health and mommy’s + baby’.
2) Arya Essentials Face Oil: Our beauty contributor Gina Mathew recently shared her review on this luxury Ayurvedic skin care, developed by Shadoh Punnapuzha, which has also gotten the thumbs up by Harper’s Bazaar. This oil is a blend of essential oils and herbs that revitalizes your skin and promotes a vibrant complexion with continued use. Herbs such as Amla and Brahmi are traditionally used ingredients work to boost collagen production, prevent aging and reduce visible signs of wrinkles. Tulsi, a plant abundant in antioxidants, purifies the skin while imparting a healthy glow. This gentle and natural complex is good for even the most sensitive skin types. Read more about why we love this line here.
3) Vasanti Cosmetcs: One of our favourite success stories comes from the ladies of Vasanti Cosmetics! A very reasonably-priced line with so much to offer masalamommas like us! Put a little pod into her gift bag and she’ll love these. The multi-tasking Lip and Cheek Color Pod provides both style and substance with its unique applicator and light, creamy formula that melts on contact to blend with skin. The easy-to-use pod glides on lips and cheeks with moisture-infused luminous colour. Plumping and hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic filling spheres, mango butter and pomegranate sterols create a youthful and natural glow.
4) Kavita Suri Airbrush Make up: For the make-up artist! Our former beauty editor, Kavita Suri recently launched her own airbrush make up line, perfect for the professional make-up artist looking to up her game!
For the Fit Momma
Is she a fan of working out and love fashion? Does she have a fit bit? Then this stylish Fitbit Bracelet by Tory Burch is just the ticket! Burch’s accessory collection is made up of four distinctive pieces, including a brass pendant, a brass bracelet and two artsy silicone bands. Each was designed to house a Fitbit Flex — the rectangular sensor which tracks the number of steps taken by the wearer, the calories they’ve burned and monitors their sleeping patterns. Price point for the accessories range from $38 to $195
For the Mom Who Loves to Lounge
We’ve been watching Pajamasutra grow since our own launch in 2011. Founded by a masalamomma, Sarena Udani, this line of fabulous pajamas, lounge pants and robes are vibrant, comfortable and stylish with a hint of South Asian inspiration. We featured Sarena here and her robes are what we’re crushing on these days. Many of these robes have been used for Bridal pajama parties too. Check out her line here.
Some of our favourite pieces to keep a mom styling!
1) Amrita Singh’s Reversible Bib Necklace: This necklace provides two looks for one with its stellar, eye-catching stones and two-in-one color choice. A surefire attention grabber and conversation starter, everyone will want to know where to find this double-sided neck candy!
2) Jaypore’s Pair of Peacock Meenakari Silver Jhumki Earrings
For the Wine Lover
Why not give the gift of the wine tour? There are wonderful wineries in all of our communities and one of our favourites is Chateau Des Charmes, in Niagara, Ontario. For just $55, you can get a couples package Explore local flavours through a trio of delectable nibblies created especially by chefs from Queen’s Landing and Vineyard Sweets to pair with three premium wines, including Icewine. Your guide will help to demystify the art of wine and food pairing. ‘Winegrowing 101’ is included in this experience.
Many wineries offer memberships with perks! Chateau Des Charmes’ wine club offers:
- two bottles of our wine each month; one found at the LCBO the other available only at the winery
- 25% off all Schott Zweisel stemware in winery boutique
- 25% off venue fees when you book a private event (except weddings)
- 25% off private and group pre-booked experiences
- Automatic access to our Paul Bosc Lounge for tastings
- Advanced notice of new releases
$34.95 per month + shipping & taxes
Happy Shopping everyone!
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
There are no commentsAdd yours