By Anjum Choudhry Nayyar
I was never a huge ladoo fan growing up. For me it was all about chocolate…So when I found this recipe by one of my favorite companies, Devnaa, I couldn’t help but be a little giddy! Here’s a great recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Ladoos!
200 g sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp milk
100 g milk powder
100 g milk chocolate
1 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
60 g hazelnuts (roasted and coarsely chopped)
- Combine the condensed milk, cocoa and milk in a wok and heat gently until smooth and well combined.
- Sift in the milk powder and stir until the mixture forms smooth soft dough that comes away easily from the sides of the pan.
- Leave the mixture aside until it is cool enough to handle but still warm and pliable.
- Taking one tablespoonful of the dough at a time roll into a smooth ball and place onto a wire rack to cool completely – you should end up with about 18 balls.
- When the ladoos are completely cold melt the chocolate gently in a microwave or double boiler.
- Stir the hazelnut spread into the chocolate and make sure that the mixture is not too hot but warm enough so that it is runny.
- Working on two or three ladoos at a time dip them into the melted chocolate to coat lightly and then transfer to the roasted hazelnuts.
- Shake the bowl to coat the ladoos and then transfer back to a lined baking sheet.
- When all the ladoos are complete chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set the chocolate and then serve at room temperature.
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.