250g Dried, Pitted Dates
3 tblsp Ground Pistachio Nuts (coarse)
3 tblsp Ground Almonds (coarse)
2 tblsp Roughly Chopped Dark Chocolate
5 tblsp Desiccated Coconut
- Crumble the dates into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute to 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the dates are soft enough to mash.
- Mash with the back of a spoon.
- Beat in the nuts followed by the chocolate.
- Lay a sheet of cling film on your work surface and turn the date mixture out on top.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Use the cling film to help you carefully roll the mixture into a tight roulade – start from either the right or left edge and slowly wrap the mixture over and around itself.
- Wrap the roulade tightly in the cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Cut the roulade into 1cm slices.
- Garnish with more coconut if desired and serve at room temperature.
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.