As a consumer you have choice, you don’t have to pay full price and we don’t need to be fooled by the MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price). I sat down with Cotter Cunningham, the CEO of RetailMeNot.com, to talk about avoiding retail and not paying full price. His website offers coupons and deals to anyone wanting to save money
Rubina’s Top Tips to Avoid Paying Retail
1. Buy once the season has started. For example wait until July to buy summer clothes.
2. Use websites like RetailMeNot.com to get coupons on items you buy everyday
3. Stock up on the products you use most often when they are on sale
4. Buy clothing at factory outlet malls
5. Do your research, find the fair value of items and ask the store to match it
6. If you buy full price, hang on to the receipt, often a store will adjust the price if it goes on sale
7. Use credit cards that give you store points
8. Big Box stores have the best deals, shopping at stores like WalMart will save money
8. Make a habit to to look through the clearance section, you never know what you’ll find!
Rubina is a financial journalist with more than 10 years of broadcasting experience. Her career spans three continents in radio, TV and online. As a financial journalist she has worked at Toronto’s CP24, BNN and Newstalk 1010. Rubina has reported live from the TSX during the many months of the recent economic meltdown, she has commented on the stunning stock market recovery and put into perspective the day-to-day business stories that affect everyday people. Rubina has worked as an Anchor and Reporter at CBC, BBC and CFMT in Canada, England and Pakistan. She has recently launched her blog Always Save Money, its dedicated to helping Canadians save money in their everyday lives. Rubina’s motto is to save money on the little things so you can spend on the big things. She is an accomplished academic with a degree from York University, a Journalism diploma from Humber College and she holds her CSC designation.
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.