Create a Festive Ramadan Cupcake Topper
By Lail Hossain Contributor
Ramadan Kareem to all the Masalamommas who are observing the holy month and Hello to those who are not.
If you’re like me, it’s hard to find the time to make cute four or five types of desserts for iftar or even parties when it is not Ramadan. Sometimes it’s easier just to make plain old cupcakes. To add some festivities to plain simple homemade or even store bought cupcakes, cupcake toppers really spruce up those boring cupcakes. Involving the kids to trace and decorate the toppers help keep them busy so you can put your feet up and relax(Yes, right!) a bit. The cupcake toppers are super fast and easy to make. Involving the kids in creating the cupcake toppers gives them an opportunity to make happy memories about Ramadan.
Using the Islamic Holiday cookie cutter set (Readers of Masalamommas get a discount!), these masjid (mosque) shape cupcake toppers are amazingly simple to make and the kids have a tons of fun with making them also. These masjid cupcake toppers are nice for Ramadan or Eid parties and any other special occasions, or even as gifts.
- White or colored craft paper (I used white)
- Markers or crayons to decorate
- Wooden toothpicks
- Transparent tape
- Take the masjid cookie cutter or any other cookie cutter. Place the cutter on your paper and trace. If you don’t want the masjid outlines to show on your cupcake, trace them on the back side of your paper.
- Cut out the pieces using the trace marks as a template.
- Using the markers decorate the cutouts or let the kids decorate to their hearts content.
- Using a small piece of tape, attach a toothpick to the decorated masjid cutout.
- Repeat the process for as many masjid cupcake toppers as you like.
Facebook : www.facebook.com/WithASpin
Twitter : www.twitter.com/withaspin
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.