By Ramona Braganza
When embarking on a journey to get rid of any kind of fat or toning up, healthy eating habits are crucial! Trimming the fat on your plate will trim the fat off your body and while its not possible to chose the location you want fat to disappear from first, it is possible to build muscle in areas that you want to look toned and trim such as your back and arms! In addition muscle tissue burns calories while you sleep speeding up the process of fat burning so get lifting with these five exercises and arm yourself with my 3-2-1 Nutrition Plan to learn what and how to eat for weight loss.
5 moves that will trim fat from your arms and back
*Equipment needed 3 or 5lb dumbells
Sexy Sculpted back– Reverse Flyes holding 3b weights- 20 reps total
- Stand with a weight in each hand and take a giant step forward with left foot bending knee, keeping back leg straight; lean torso forward slightly, then bring hands together, palms facing each other.
- Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, lift arms straight out to sides to shoulder height. Lower and repeat. Do 10 reps, then switch legs and repeat on other side.
Shapely Shoulders- Alternating Single Arm Shoulder Press- 20 reps total
- Standing tall hold 3 or 5b dumbbells in hand
- Bend elbows 90 degrees and begin move holding dumbbells ear level with palms facing forward.
- Straighten arm and Press one dumbbell at a time up towards the ceiling alternating arms repeat each side count 20 reps
Overall Arm Definition–
Jab Cross Combination holding 3 lb weights.- 20 reps total
- Stand with your feet hip width apart, knees slightly bent, holding a weight in each hand, elbows bent and into sides, palms facing each other
- While twisting torso to left, punch right arm straight out and across your body to the left, as shown, then twisting torso to right return right arm and simultaneously punch left arm , repeat ,continuously twisting and punching with abs contracted. Do 20 reps total.
Beautiful Biceps– Hammer Curls 20 reps
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides, elbows slightly bent, palms facing out.
- Slowly raise weights in a half-circle toward shoulders, squeezing biceps at the top of the move, as shown; lower to the starting position and repeat. Do 20 reps.
Toned Triceps- Tricep Kickbacks
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, holding a weight in each hand. Lean torso forward, keeping back flat, and bend elbows 90 degrees, bringing weights to waist level
- Keeping upper arms fixed by sides, slowly extend arms behind you, as shown, lifting weights as high as you can; pause, then return to the starting position and repeat. Do 20 reps.
Once you have completed these 5 exercises be prepared to repeat all in a row a second time through working your way up to 3 times with only a short break in between. To make it harder try using 5lb dumbbells and eventually 7lb. dumbbells.
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.