10 Ways The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox Makes Its Mark
Masalamommas.com reader, Angie Rehal recently had a chance to drive the new 2016 Chevrolet Equinox for her Diwali drives to and from parties, grocery pickups, work and more…Here’s a look at her experience on the drive. Some of her favourite features? A 7-inch touchscreen interface, a rearview camera and a six-speaker sound system with an auxiliary audio input jack and a USB port.
Top Favourite Features of the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox
- My favourite feature in the Equinox while driving to Diwali destinations… My fave feature was the navigation screen which was large and easy to use with Chevrolet MyLink navigation while stopped at a light during my drive. Enjoyed the fact that NAV was easily accessible and not too many commands to input destination.
- The feature that made me feel safe was…The whole car felt safe because of the size and sitting higher up (I drive a Honda Civic). One of the features, Forward Collision Alert, which alerts you when the car in front breaks hard or I am following too close, was excellent.
- Fuel & Mileage? I only had to refill once during the whole week and I did make a few trips for work and my Diwali celebration. My tank was at a quarter tank at the end and I had to put in $47 of gas when I returned. I’d say I drove about 400 km for the week without having to refill.
- As a mom on the go to and from Diwali parties, storage was key. Storage was incredible, not only was it roomy in the back, the trunk had ample space for groceries, and other large items. We were able to travel to Diwali party with lots of room with three men over 6’ in the SUV. I was able to store all my sweets/candles/and gifts all securely in the very large trunk space in this SUV for the Diwali party.
- What surprised me most about the Equinox was… How quiet and smooth the drive was. No sounds from the outside were heard and the drive was so comfortable even when I was caught in a rainstorm last week. Another positive was driving on a bumpy road was no issue, I drove on gravel road in Oakville visiting my cousin who has just bought a new property and no issue driving up the gravel road.
- Compared to other SUV’s I’ve driven… I have driven the Lexus SUV for a couple of years in the past. The big difference between the two was the comfort of the Equinox SUV, the seating, the steering wheel was much more comfortable to maneuver.
- 4G connectivity? Yes please!… Super simple and easy to use. Synching of device was easily done, and we were able to face time with one of the customers who we made a delivery to at my part time job at Italflorist. We were listening to Hindi music in celebration of Diwali! Being connected with wifi in the car is a definite asset. Unlike a cellphone, or a Wi-Fi hotspot, battery life isn’t an issue.
The car is truly powering your experience as the hotspot is on whenever the car is on. The built-in OnStar Wi-Fi hotspot supports up to 7 mobile devices, letting you or your family members connect to the apps and info they want. Wifi advantages, gives family members an opportunity to use various devices at the same time and also saves on data costs. I found there was a much better signal since it’s not from the device but from the vehicle.
- A vehicle with lots of space…The Equinox was “very roomy” the whole family fit in the SUV with enough legroom and the temperature controls were great too. The headrest on the seats was not too high as it is in many vehicles. My boys were able to use the headrests comfortably. The vehicle is spacious with an adjustable backseat. In fact, the split rear seats fold to create close to 64 cubic feet of storage space behind the front seats. These seats, have an 8-way power adjustment too! It’s one of the better picks if you don’t need third row seating. Whether you’re doing pickups from school, commuting, taking a getaway with family members of varying ages, the Equinox hits the mark on versatility.
- A very quiet ride… I have mentioned this above, this SUV was super smooth, didn’t feel any bumps on the road and acceleration when it changed from lower to higher speeds on highway was unnoticeable. Driving to our Diwali parties was a cinch for me and the boys and we could have conversations in the car. I have driven two high-end vehicles and I would rate this the best out of the three.
- Another favourite feature… Sound system was electric and the touch screen was easy to use as well.
Here’s a look at Angie’s Diwali Journey with the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox!
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.