Toy Helps Reflect Diverse Families Through Play
Kids Learn About Diverse Families: MyFamilyBuilders
We live with diversity all around us, but do kids’ toys today really reflect the world they see in and outside the classroom?
That’s what this new toy, MyFamilyBuilders hopes to do. The team over at myfamilybuilders call it a fun and educational toy set that empowers kids to imagine freely and build thousands of possible combinations of friends and families that are as unique as they are. This toy-set also includes five card games that create “teachable-moments” for parents to help their children understand and learn that differences are something to be celebrated. These differences can include differences through sexual orientation, , skin colour, gender identity and multiple sets of parents in various families.
Some more details about the toy set:
- Target Age: 3-7 years old. Younger and older children can enjoy them too.
- Materials: Blocks are made of high quality, eco-friendly cypress wood with high-quality securely concealed magnets.
- Paint: Non-toxic, durable, and environmentally safe paint that exceeds all applicable lead safety standards for toys.
- Size: Wooden blocks come in 12 different sizes from 1.51″ tall x 1.73″ diameter to 0.98″ tall x 1.30″ diameter. A great way to get a sense for their size is to watch our Kickstarter video.
- Card Games: Bright, big and colorful 5.12″ x 2.75″ cards, perfect for little hands.
- Safety & Quality: This is our number one concern. All materials and processes used in the manufacturing of MyFamilyBuilders toy-sets exceed all applicable federal safety standards. In addition, post-production toy-sets are submitted to a CPSIA-accredited lab for certification to safety standards ASTM-F963 and EN-71.
The set isn’t available for purchase as yet, but kickstarter campaign to bring these toys to the public is gaining steam. To find out how you can back this project visit: myfamilybuilderskickstarter.
©masalamommas and masalamommas.com, 2016-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to masalamommas.com and Masalamommas online magazine with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.